Proximity switch with latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurobuzz

I have a fiberglass car that I want to install a 2 touch latched proximity switch into. This should work as I pass my hand over 2 locations a solenoid would be energized to open the door. It will be on a key circuit so when the car is on the proximity circuit is de energized. I had one of these in my old car and the mice did it in.

Sensing range should be at least 4 inches and work off of a human hand passing thru a field

I can solder and read schematics, just haven't found one of these. I have asked a few electronics friend s and what I get is- why would you want to do that? You should use an rf remote entry it would be much simpler.

I take my car to car shows and it is quite a show stopper to have the car door pop open to meet my hand.

There is something like this on the new Ford "Kuga" The advert shows a woman with her hands full... Makes a kick gesture to the rear bumper and the boot opens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_PFai4OEM0 You are right... It looks cool

ATG... There are plenty of vids about this..

I think that it is a radar type of mechanism like a curb sensor that they use on some vehicles. I am looking for a more refined sensing circuit**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…