Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proximity switch with latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurobuzz

I have a fiberglass car that I want to install a 2 touch latched proximity switch into. This should work as I pass my hand over 2 locations a solenoid would be energized to open the door. It will be on a key circuit so when the car is on the proximity circuit is de energized. I had one of these in my old car and the mice did it in.

Sensing range should be at least 4 inches and work off of a human hand passing thru a field

I can solder and read schematics, just haven't found one of these. I have asked a few electronics friend s and what I get is- why would you want to do that? You should use an rf remote entry it would be much simpler.

I take my car to car shows and it is quite a show stopper to have the car door pop open to meet my hand.

There is something like this on the new Ford "Kuga" The advert shows a woman with her hands full... Makes a kick gesture to the rear bumper and the boot opens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_PFai4OEM0 You are right... It looks cool

ATG... There are plenty of vids about this..

I think that it is a radar type of mechanism like a curb sensor that they use on some vehicles. I am looking for a more refined sensing circuit**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back