Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Prototype PCB Group buy business[help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBWING

If we provide a prototype PCB Group buy business, similar to the BatchPCB and so on, what do you think the price and build time acceptable? :)

In addition, what are the manufacturers do provide similar services now you know ?

Was anybody willing to take responsibility for transit in your country? I think it can have some small income, but the main responsibility is services for the fans of electronic.

Ago is here, someone asked me why some sites can do, but you can not do as a manufacturer? My boss asked me to investigate the feasibility of this work, so I came here to ask you. If all goes well, I think everyone will be happy.

Hey Buddy....I honestly don't know what you are on about..:(

Maybe someone here can help out though :confused:

Cheers

Hi, Buddy... ... long time no see!
I would like to ask the "group buy" thing. That get together many of the PCBs and submit orders, make up a large area, so you can get a very low price.

I get what he's asking... now. Someone started a thread a day ago (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/is-this-pcb-fab-site-ok.110729/) and two of the companies mentioned provide services that batch several small orders to make one larger, more reasonably priced order. PCBWING offers PCB manufacturing services and apparently the face behind the PCBWING forum account has been tasked with finding the amount of demand for such a service to see if they're missing out on some pie.

A few days ago I was investigating PCBWING for a small order but was deterred because of this kind of behavior. Something about PCBWING leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They're not a consideration anymore, for me at least.

Last edited:
$5/sq inch, with no setup fee, get it.

We hope the price can be $3/sq inch, with no setup fee or $1/sq inch, with $5 setup fee.

I get what he's asking... now. Someone started a thread a day ago (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/is-this-pcb-fab-site-ok.110729/) and two of the companies mentioned provide services that batch several small orders to make one larger, more reasonably priced order. PCBWING offers PCB manufacturing services and apparently the face behind the PCBWING forum account has been tasked with finding the amount of demand for such a service to see if they're missing out on some pie.

A few days ago I was investigating PCBWING for a small order but was deterred because of this kind of behavior. Something about PCBWING leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They're not a consideration anymore, for me at least.

Honestly, I did not understand the second paragraph you say, our customer satisfaction rate is high.We are willing to listen to your specific recommendations, rather than experience the taste left in your mouth.

In addition, the Group buy for us, not business, but the publicity. If carry out true in the future, it would be no profit. We hope it has the role of advertising, not directly make money.

I believe this thread was started following this post

PCBWING,
You didn't want to explain to me in Chinese the reasons for not doing it but I guess your boss explained to you in Chinese the reasons for doing it;)

$5/sq inch, with no setup fee
Keep in mind this is for 3 boards. I would never order only one board as prototype and the third is really nice to have. so it comes down to $1.66/square inch with no setup fees and delivered in 2 weeks (to Canada).

To help you in your evaluation I would not order a prototype if it didn't have soldermask, I would make it myself. I could live with no silkscreen though.

Mike

I believe this thread was started following this post

PCBWING,
You didn't want to explain to me in Chinese the reasons for not doing it but I guess your boss explained to you in Chinese the reasons for doing it;)

Keep in mind this is for 3 boards. I would never order only one board as prototype and the third is really nice to have. so it comes down to $1.66/square inch with no setup fees and delivered in 2 weeks (to Canada).

To help you in your evaluation I would not order a prototype if it didn't have soldermask, I would make it myself. I could live with no silkscreen though.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I remember we told about this. You have better remember than me and give it back to me at a good time, Thanks you!

My boss told me to find you and talk with you about this group buy thing. He asked me to look at the possibility to do this business as advertising, that mean we can accept no profit, I really willing to listen to your views.

I do not know my boss will eventually do, I expect $3 /square inch no setup fee or $1/square inch with $5 setup fee, also 3 boards even 4 ... 5 boards also 2 weeks to Canada.

By the way, DIY is a cool thing, it is how wonderful if 3D printer can do this in the future ! We must all know, PCB process is a high-polluting industrial, DIY PCB is no exception, I hope you have to properly handle the waste. Particularly in residential areas that direct use of groundwater.

We also hope we can provide plated gold [no Pb/Sn] in the case, like this picture:
This well is that it can comply with the law all over the world.

pcbwing-gif.43876

Hi Mike

You have better remember than me or
You have better memory than me in English?
Any way, I believe you can understand what I say. Do you think gold plating is worth considering?

Hi PCBWING,
I am probably not the best person to define what you should consider as I don't work on more than a few boards every few months and I mainly work with MCUs.

Perhaps everyone should give their own suggestions based on what they do.
If I can make a suggestion it would be to charge a setup fee and a small amount per sq/in because you should be aware that if people like your work as prototype and you've already charged the setup fee then you run the chances of getting an order for a large quantity if the prototype is good.

My needs are very simple: Must be cheap and fast (2 weeks is excellent), must have soldermask on 2 layers and must provide 2 PCBs and I really like getting the third board.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Like I said, the boss assigned me to investigate, the main purpose is to do advertising via Group buy . Since it is advertising, I believe that if we can not spend money, he would be satisfied. Thank you for your suggestions.

I always wanted to learn MCU more, In school days only done some very simple experiments [8051], such as flashing lights. If the opportunity, I would like to ask you more. Sincerely thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back