Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus/Isis Simulation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

I am trying to simulate a comparator PWM oscillator in proteus, however it will not oscillate. Simulating the exact same circuit in Multisim oscillates with no problem. The reason I need to use Proteus is the various components to be used after the PWM e.g. IRF1405, DC motor etc are not available in my version of Multisim. I have attached a schematic.

PWM Proteus.png

Any ideas anybody?.

Thanks in advance.

Rick.

First... Change the cap to a modeling primative.... Then load simulator options for better convergance... It should work.

BUT!! It goes terribly slow.... For simulation change the 10nf for a 1uf and use a much slower PWM...

What simulation period did you use?
It simulates in LTspice, but needs ~137mS before oscillations start.

Thank you for your replies. I changed the Cap and the convergence as Ian suggested and the circuit does indeed simulate. As for "terribly slow", I think that was an understatement :p. Changing the Cap value does help and It does at least offer some proof of concept. Now on to actually building and testing a real circuit.
Thanks again.
Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back