Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus ISIS custom PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKnight

Hi to all.

I've noticed that in Proteus there isn't a plain PIC16F84, only the 16F84A. Following the attached schematic, I noticed it's done with 16F84. What would the difference be? Will the other PIC be a problem? Should the pins be switched?

The schematic is taken from : http://www.ke4nyv.com/picprojects.htm

If someone happens to have projects done in Proteus or other simulation programs, feel free to share.

Thanks to all, happy holidays and a happy new year!

:)

Attachments

• lchasesch.jpg
    lchasesch.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 204
So I should definetily consider other PIC? Or maybe Arduino? I was checking out Arduino, seems pretty decent but it's not as famous as the PIC or am I wrong?

"Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software." My bad.

Arduino is originally for the AVR chips now its on a ton of others from ARM-FPGA-PIC etc.. Arduino is great for beginners... if you are a beginner then use it, i hear its awesome .. i use everything :)

Arduino for AVR and FPGA
Xilinx ISE for FPGA
MPLAB X for PIC
Crossstudio for ARM

so it up to you to choose what direction to take... PICs are more common here but AVR is picking up speed (slowly)

Last edited:
If your upgrade licence has expired, u can obtain the new library and model files by downloading and installing the latest demo on another pc. Then just copy them across to your active installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back