Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming the custom esp32 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

akkaman007

I have made a custom esp32 board. For schematic, i have used sparkfun link-https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15006
The problem is- the arduino code is not uploading on the custom esp32 board. So, how i can upload the code on esp32?
Is arduino bootloader is required first for bootloading the blank esp32? If yes, then what is the procedure for uploading the arduino bootloader on esp32?

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-31 at 10.21.11 AM.jpeg

did u select board settings and port#, ?
u made? did u solder tx/rx bkwrds?
can you see the new serial port on device manager?

I have made a custom esp32 board. For schematic, i have used sparkfun link-https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15006
The problem is- the arduino code is not uploading on the custom esp32 board. So, how i can upload the code on esp32?
Is arduino bootloader is required first for bootloading the blank esp32? If yes, then what is the procedure for uploading the arduino bootloader on esp32?

View attachment 128786
There are two buttons on the board. One with a zero, one with RST. After you power up, before you compile and program...
- press and hold the "0" button
- press and release the RST button
- release the "0" button.
- then compile and let the IDE upload the code.

The code will reset the ESP32 when it is done programming.

I bought my esp 32 cam's in China. These contain only one button. After long trying I succeeded uploading the CameraWebServer. Them I ordered a few more and bumped into the fatal error: Failed to connect to Esp32: Timed out waiting for packet header. Is Gophert familiar with this problem?

I also have some esp32-cam from China and I congratulate you for getting one of them to work. None of my camera ESP32 are accepting a program. Sorry, I cannot help you because I cannot even help myself. I have read that the esp32cam takes more power so should have a suitable power supply and capacitors.

Hi Gophert,
Yesterday I found two really instructive video's on internet concerning the Chinese esp32cam which enabled me to upload the CameraWebServer to all my boards. The trick was using an FTDI programmer at 3.3 Volts. You push the reset button only shortly before compiling.
Here are the links:
and
Good luck to you and to all others struggling with the Chinese Esp32 board

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back