Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ProLib not showing up. Design Spark

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomsCircuit

:( ver 9.0.4
Seems of the 1000nds of components available i need 2 from this library. Ive tried re-indexing and enabling just these files but nothing seems to help.
Prolib.ssl,psl
Descrete.ssl,psl,cml
I'm at a loss here.

:( ver 9.0.4
Seems of the 1000nds of components available i need 2 from this library. Ive tried re-indexing and enabling just these files but nothing seems to help.
Prolib.ssl,psl
Descrete.ssl,psl,cml
I'm at a loss here.

prolib.cml = component library <----this library contains parts that can be selected using "add component"

The component library associates the schematic symbol to the PCB symbol and together they form a "component".
If the library doesn't exist, then it must be created and components created/copied to it.

I recommend creating a new set of library files for custom parts using a unique set of names.
I also recommend creating a new library folder within the exising library folder path for the new libraries.
This is all done using Library Manager.

For example,

The new folder can be named "custom" (be sure to enable the folder)":

C:\users\public\documents\DesignSpark PCB 9.0\Library\custom

Then create each of the following new libraries in the "custom" folder:

mylibrary.cml
mylibrary.ssl
mylibrary.psl

Then copy each of the corresponding parts from the original existing libraries to the new libraries and modify them.

I further recommend to enable only the library folder and libraries containing parts to be used. This will prevent part naming conflicts.

Much of the information to create/add/modify library parts can be found on the DesignSpark PCB users forum.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I wasn't detailed in my post. The library is there i can see it in manager, it is enabled. It just doesn't show when I press add component. Why is this? Is it corrupt? Can they be re-added?

I'm sorry. I wasn't detailed in my post. The library is there i can see it in manager, it is enabled. It just doesn't show when I press add component. Why is this? Is it corrupt? Can they be re-added?

Which library? and you can see it where?
The prolib.cml component library does not exist after a new install.

Prolib
I'm familiar with the program. Ive enabled the library from the manager. It just does not show from the add components menu.

Download and install "Library Loader".

Library Loader makes adding/searching for parts very easy, including the ones you need.

But before you install, first add the custom folder and add the three custom libraries.
Then disable all libraries except the custom folder and libraries.

You will need to point to these libraries when you install "Library Loader".
Any parts you download will automatically be added to these libraries.

After installing Library Loader:
Launch DSPCB and open your schematic.
Launch Library Loader.
Search for the part (CD4013BEE)
Click "Download ECAD Model", the part will be attached to your mouse cursor in DSPCB.
Drop the part onto the schematic.

very easy...

id like to get these PCB's printed. What service do you use.
small 50x80
multi layer
qty 20

I don't think you mean multi-layer. Your PCB is double-sided (copper on both sides)

I would use JLCPCB at JLCPCB.com.
They are excellent quality, inexpensive, and deliver quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back