Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Projection Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi All

In magazines, I often see these clocks that project the time onto a wall/ceiling. Despite the fact that I lack the basic knowledge/experience to make an accurate clock, has anyone got any ideas about where you could get these components. Or, could I make one by getting a superbright 7-segment display and putting a couple of lens' infront of it? Are there such components as 'projection LEDs'?

Any ideas at all people?

Thanks

Tim

Making an acurate clock is actually very easy. First off, clock your uC at 3.2768 MHz. Set your timer/prescaler to clk/1024, then have your clock count upwards from 192. It will then generate 25 interrupts per second. Keep track of the number that pass, and increment minute, seconds, and hours counters.

You can make a projection system using a cheap laserpointer and a rotating set of mirrors. If each mirror attached to a rotating wheel is tilted by a different amount it will draw scan lines as it reflects the laser. You can use a microcontroller to turn the laser on and off to make each pixel.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back