Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project : signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukanti

need help in building signal generator that consists:
1. Phase-Shift Oscillator
2. Blocking Oscillator
3. CMOS Oscillator
for Phase-Shift Osc, i have all the material i needed, but for Blocking- and CMOS Osc, i don't have any theory, schematics and its equations needed.
Can anyone help?

thanks

A blocking oscillator uses a transformer with positive feedback from output to input. The positive feedback drives the amp into saturation (blocking) which stops the feedback and then it starts again.

A CMOS oscillator could be any number of circuits, but you are probably looking for one using a logic inverter with positive feedback. Two inverters provides the proper phase, and an R - C will set the frequency.

Why not just use an XR2206 or an ICL8038 Function Generator. Much Simpler and they give Various Waveforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back