Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project..need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

baftab

hey..for the following circuit..the input is from a cd player
but the problem is..if i give the output of cd player here....
how can i get an audible output :S
need help

Attachments

• 3chspec_160.gif
    3chspec_160.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,037
baftab said:
hey..for the following circuit..the input is from a cd player
but the problem is..if i give the output of cd player here....
how can i get an audible output :S
need help

It's not really very clear what you are asking?.

If you just want a complete audio signal, you could take it directly from the CD player, or after the first opamp. If you wanted the three filtered outputs?, you could take them after the filters, but before the rectifiers.

just tell me where should i connect the speaker to get an audible ouptu :)
plus...any speaker will work or i need to hav impedance matched???

baftab said:
just tell me where should i connect the speaker to get an audible ouptu :)
plus...any speaker will work or i need to hav impedance matched???

You can't connect a speaker, you need to connect a power amplifier, that then feeds the speaker.

ok listen
for output of my cd player..i hav a pair of speakers...
if i disconnect one and attach my circuit, i'll have one speaker for audio output
will it work???

baftab said:
ok listen
for output of my cd player..i hav a pair of speakers...

The output of a "cd player" is a line level signal, and can't feed a "speaker", so either it doesn't work?, or you're using the incorrect name for one or both items?.

If your "cd player" has an amplifier in it, then it's NOT a "cd player", it's a music "system" of some sort. Your "speakers" could have amplifiers built-in?, but in that case they need power leads of some kind?, and it's fairly uncommon.

Simple question! - do you have a volume control?, and where is it!. (The volume control will be on an amplifier.)

if i disconnect one and attach my circuit, i'll have one speaker for audio output
will it work???

I doubt it very much.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Your "speakers" could have amplifiers built-in?, but in that case they need power leads of some kind?, and it's fairly uncommon.

Computer speakers are all amplified. My guess is that it's what he's trying to use. A lot of portable CD player manufacturers also sell small, cheasy amplified speakers, which are mostly identical to the computer speakers except for the color. For some reason computer speakers are almost always beige while portable CD player speakers are black :lol:

Joel Rainville said:
Computer speakers are all amplified.

Actually, Computer speakers for ATX cased PC's are all amplified, before ATX boards sound cards usually had amplifiers on board, and you didn't need amplified speakers.

This is why I asked where his volume control is!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Joel Rainville said:
Computer speakers are all amplified.

Actually, Computer speakers for ATX cased PC's are all amplified, before ATX boards sound cards usually had amplifiers on board, and you didn't need amplified speakers.

This is why I asked where his volume control is!.

Maybe there was a UK soundcard manufacturer that specialized in amplified soundcards?

Not that I don't believe you, but I have never ever seen an amplified soundcard, and I've had a number of AT cased PCs... In fact, I clearly remember having amplified speakers for my 80286. Not sure if I even had sound on my first XT though...

made a mistake ...was not thinking clearly
i am talking about my computer speakers :)
if i play a cd in my computer system and connect one of the speaker's wire with the my projetc's input....will it work
:)
you guys are great :) wish i had found this forum earlier...:)

baftab said:
made a mistake ...was not thinking clearly
i am talking about my computer speakers :)
if i play a cd in my computer system and connect one of the speaker's wire with the my projetc's input....will it work
:)
you guys are great :) wish i had found this forum earlier...:)

You would only get half of a stereo audio signal, which is even worse than mono...

What you really want to do is split the stereo signal to feed both the speakers and your circuit. I'll let Nigel and audioguru help you with that, you'll be in much better hands ;)

Joel Rainville said:
You would only get half of a stereo audio signal, which is even worse than mono...

What you really want to do is split the stereo signal to feed both the speakers and your circuit. I'll let Nigel and audioguru help you with that, you'll be in much better hands ;)

thnx
ask them to post reply as soon as possible
because am not that good with audio thingy\
this is my first project using audio signals :)

splitting signals...using pre amps???

Joel Rainville said:
Dr.EM said:
Our old computer had an amplified soundcard. The speakers were plugged straight into it, wasn't exactly earth shattering though, mabye 1 watt.

But you live in the UK too :p

Do you remember the brand/type of soundcard? Was it Soundblaster compatible?

The Soundblaster had an on-board amplifier, as do all clones of it. You may well be connecting modern amplified speakers to your Soundblaster card, but there's no need, it has about a 1W amplifier on board.

The UK doesn't have seperate computer gear, it's exactly the same as the USA stuff, except more exopensive!.

When I upgraded my computer to ATX I had to buy new speakers as well :cry:

baftab said:
Joel Rainville said:

thnx
ask them to post reply as soon as possible
because am not that good with audio thingy\
this is my first project using audio signals :)

splitting signals...using pre amps???

You've never really explained what you are trying to do?. Please do so EXACTLY, and we can offer suggestions.

Computer type amplified speakers may not have enough gain, generally their gain is fairly low, as they don't work off normal line level signals, rather they are fed from headphone level ones.

My old Proaudio Spectrum 16 and Sound Blaster AWE32 had 1 watt amps in them. The sound blaster Audigy2's front panel adapter has a 1 watt amp built into it if you still needed the extra power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back