Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby24

Hi.i am in need for help.i have been choosen by my school to represent them at a sciencefair competition and i have just a little knowledge of circuit diagrams. I can't interpret,make my own circuit.

Give us some clues. What sort of electronics projects interest you? Have you built any before? Will you do this on your own or are others there to help you? What is your budget? What measuring equipment do you have access to? ......?

I was thinking of something simple like radio transmitter/reciever or an inverter.but i made a radio transmitter once but it ended in complete failure.:(

I was thinking of something simple like radio transmitter/reciever or an inverter.but i made a radio transmitter once but it ended in complete failure.:(

In all honesty, you're considering a project that is, frankly, not very easy, even for someone with considerable knowledge and experience.

That said, though, there are radio projects (a "crystal radio" receiver, for instance) that are doable and a lot of fun. The web has many such examples and don't require any experience to speak of.

Transmitters, on the other hand, are somewhat more difficult to construct (as you've discovered first hand), but not impossible.

I might suggest This site. for starters.

There are many more out there. We'll be here for any help you may then need.

Last edited:
One of the things that get me confused is identifying a particular type of transistor.for example,i would be told to use BC547 transistor but the indications on a real transistor is different like i would find D88P and some two indication like C148I up and F A69E.

You might want to read this first. I think it will help you.

Easiest way to find transistor specs is to google the number/letter ID's printed on the device (although sometimes there is other info that has nothing to do with that).

For instance, google 2N2222 and then select a site that will provide a "Datasheet". It will give you all the specifications and, quite often, schematics for using it in a circuit as well.

One of the things that get me confused is identifying a particular type of transistor
Google is your friend for checking transistor markings and connections. Transistors from the Far East can have strange markings. For many circuits (certainly not all) the transistor type is not critical and any one of a whole bunch of general-purpose transistors will do the job.

thanks.another thing,what will happen if 10watt resistor is used instead of 0.25watt resistor.
and are there any formulas used to determine the resistor be used in a circuit.

thanks.another thing,what will happen if 10watt resistor is used instead of 0.25watt resistor.
and are there any formulas used to determine the resistor be used in a circuit.

Google Ohm's Law/Watts Law (as written). Although they are not really "laws", those are the conventional names.

The "watt" parameter of a resistor is a relative indication of how much power a resistor can dissipate. In other words, how much current, at what voltage the resistor will tolerate until it, literally, burns up (overheats to the point of destruction).

As a rule of thumb, too high a wattage rating will result in no more than wasted space and money. Too low a wattage rating, however, will result in a damaged component (the resistor) and possibly additional components in the circuit.

The proper wattage rating for a resistor can be determined using the fornulae found above.

At what current,does BC,BF,BD and BP transistor(NPN) need to function.and what is the main use of a capactor;how does it affect the freguency of a transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back