Progrmming PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.
amady said:
Can or not i'm using 12 volt instead 13 volt during burning to the IC

The spec usually quotes 12V, but for reliability I would advise using 13V, often 12V isn't quite enough - if it works fine with your 12V and the PIC you are using, fair enough. But it may not work with all PIC's.

gogo2520 said:
DIY Electronics KIT81 calls for 18 volts dc or 13 volts ac

That's into the board, not to the PIC, you need sufficient headroom for the on-board regulators to produce the 13V for the PIC.

to operate yes.. but he was talking about programming the part..

Thank!

Thank all my friend... i was use my laptop and it work with RCD programmer... my laptop supply 10V and can be use for burning...

Re: Thank!

amady said:
Thank all my friend... i was use my laptop and it work with RCD programmer... my laptop supply 10V and can be use for burning...

Don't forget, it's providing plus and minus 10V, giving a total of 20V, 10V isn't enough to program a PIC.

Re: Thank!

Thank nigel for your advice... actually i was try a simple program to turn on and off led and it work!

williB said:
congradulations..!!
It's really cool when it does what you programmed it to do..

Thank you....

What next?

It just my hobby, just to gain my knowledge... after this I try to make LED flasher... anyway i don't has any idea yet... you has a good website to make my hobby more interesting?

williB said:
Nigel has a great site with lots of interresting stuff on there..

Thanks...

Nigel was use 16F628... but i'm using 16F84A... so how i want to modified the program (.asm)... ?? :?:

The differences are very slight, there's a couple of lines included to make the 16F628 more like an 84 - these are commented and should be removed for an 84, you should also alter the header and config settings.

But the main problem is the lack of I/O pins on an 84, far better to use it's modern replacement (the 628) rather than the obselete 84 - particularly as the 628 is considerably cheaper.

Actually now i'm try to modified your .asm file... then the cct also.. when i'm finished all this thing i will publish on web with your permission...

That the 16F84A need external ossicalator like RC...??? What about 16F628??

Feel free to do so, but please supply a link to my tutorials 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…