Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with reciving answer from sim800

STP.Asghari

When I give the AT command to the module. The module should give me the answer AT\r\nOK\r\n but to my surprise it gives the answer AT\r\r\nOOK\r\n. I understood this problem by getting the answer from the code below. While if I delete the wrong lines from the code below, the module does not respond.
Code:
Send_AT();
    do
    {
      buffer=get_char();
    }while(buffer!='A');

buffer=get_char();
        if(buffer=='T')
                   {
                       buffer=get_char();
               if(buffer=='\r')
                          {
                             buffer=get_char();
                             if(buffer=='\r')
                                  {                             
                                      buffer=get_char();
                                      if(buffer=='\n')
                                              {
                                                  buffer=get_char();
                                                   if(buffer=='O')
                                                           {
                                                                 if(buffer=='O')
                                                                    {
                                                                           buffer=get_char();
                                                                           if(buffer=='K')
                                                                                {
                                                                                     buffer=get_char();
                                                                                     if(buffer=='\r')
                                                                                           {                                                                                             
                                                                                             buffer=get_char();
                                                                                             if(buffer=='\n')
                                                                                                    {                                                                                   
                                                                                                                   for(i=0;i<5;i++)
                                                                                                                    {
                                                                                                                            HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOC,GPIO_PIN_13,GPIO_PIN_SET);
                                                                                                                            HAL_Delay(500);       
                                                                                                                            HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOC,GPIO_PIN_13,GPIO_PIN_RESET);
                                                                                                                            HAL_Delay(500);
                                                                                                                    }
                                                                                                    }
                                                                                           }
                                                                                }
                                                                    }
                                                           }
                                              }
                                  }                       
                          }       
                   }

The second "if(buffer=='O')" does not have the get_char() line before it, so it's looking a the previous character again.

I'd advise not using nested character checks like that, especially the first bit:
do
{
buffer=get_char();
}while(buffer!='A');

If anything goes wrong, the program will be stuck in that loop forever, with no recovery.
"Blocking" code is a bad idea for anything other than really trivial programs...

I'd use a routine that collects characters until the end-of-line, then stores the string in an array, on a continuous basis (eg. in an interrupt routine).

Use a state machine (ie. a byte to track what's happening) & look for any new strings received each pass through your main program.

When one is received, do a string comparison against possible keywords.
eg. Idle is state 0, "AT" seen go to state 1, state 1 & "OK" seen take whatever action and reset to state 0 for the next data.

The second "if(buffer=='O')" does not have the get_char() line before it, so it's looking a the previous character again.

I'd advise not using nested character checks like that, especially the first bit:
do
{
buffer=get_char();
}while(buffer!='A');

If anything goes wrong, the program will be stuck in that loop forever, with no recovery.
"Blocking" code is a bad idea for anything other than really trivial programs...

I'd use a routine that collects characters until the end-of-line, then stores the string in an array, on a continuous basis (eg. in an interrupt routine).

Use a state machine (ie. a byte to track what's happening) & look for any new strings received each pass through your main program.

When one is received, do a string comparison against possible keywords.
eg. Idle is state 0, "AT" seen go to state 1, state 1 & "OK" seen take whatever action and reset to state 0 for the next data.
Thank you for guiding me. you are right. I had added an if(buffer=='O') which made me think the module would send the O character twice.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back