Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with electronic lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimothyLover

I have a little problem and wonder if someone can help.

I have an electronic lock that should be triggered by the automatic gate opener. Unfortunately the swing gate has no function for this.

Therefore I am trying to take the 110 V that are sent to the gate swing arms to open the lock. The problem is:

The lock is using 12 V DC. When I power the transformer (110 AC to 12 DC) nothing happens unless I break the 12V circut and reconnect. Only then the lock opens. Aditionaly, the SWING arms receive power for about 2 minutes. The lock should only receive power for a second to get the impulse to open. Then this connection should be closed automatically.

I Am willing to pay for a working solution. I have no clue how to build this and wonder if someone can help.

Thank you and regards from Panama City.

i understand from what you explained that you should give 12v to your lock and there is another sepearte input to trigger it to open. when you power it on by 12V transformer at the same time you give input to open (trigger), this may be the reason why it doesnt response.

1st do the following checks.
energize it by 12V and seperately trigger it by the specific pulse input,
if it works, then you should wire it to get 12v permenantly and the trigger input only when the gate arms get the signal.
use a 110V relay as a switch for this trigger input, no matter it last for 2min.
if you want to just switch it on for few second and relase it then use a specific relay to give the time delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back