Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Electric and LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahillman

I am completely new to this and am confused about a lot of things the way my professor wants us to set-up the stuff.
Anyways, following the steps to the best of my ability, I ended up at this point here:
A SCHEMATIC OF AN INVERTER.
SS1.PNG

I did a DRC run and there were no errors with my schematic.
The problem lies within the block of spice code, which my professor wants us to copy exactly as.
My professor wants us to include his version of model "MOS_model.txt" and then go to Tools -> Simulation(Spice) -> Write Spice Deck....
result of this is this:
SS2.PNG

I have no idea why it is doing this and I cannot proceed unless this is solved.
Please help! Also let me know any there is anything that's unclear... I will do my best to explain.
EDIT:
I am using electric-9.07 and LTspiceIV

Last edited:
LTspice is looking for a file called MOS_model.txt.
Do you have such a file in the C: directory?

I just found out that I named the file as "MOS_model.txt" and when it is actually read, it is read as "MOS_model.txt.txt". I removed the extra .txt from the name as it's "MOS_model" with the .txt extension. Works fine now
Never set windows to hide extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back