Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcz

I had a problem in driving my dc motor. Initially, the dc motor can be moved for few times without any problem. But after 5th or 6th attempt, the motor didn't move at all, however, it did generate some light sounds.
Does anyone experienced such situation?

wcz said:
I had a problem in driving my dc motor. Initially, the dc motor can be moved for few times without any problem. But after 5th or 6th attempt, the motor didn't move at all, however, it did generate some light sounds.
Does anyone experienced such situation?

As you don't give any suggestion of how you're driving it?, or what from?, how can we possibly comment?.

I drive the motor through L293D IC. It is a 5v dc motor. i don know what happened because it can be drived for few times without problem, but soon after, it only generated sounds without moving.

wcz said:
I drive the motor through L293D IC. It is a 5v dc motor. i don know what happened because it can be drived for few times without problem, but soon after, it only generated sounds without moving.

Is the chip getting hot?, it could be overheating and shutting down, or are your batteries flat?.

You can do simple tests with a voltameter to see what's happening.

Connect your 5V DC motor directly to a 6V battery. If it runs fine then you have no problem with the motor.
Then its time to check your driving circuit :wink:

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back