Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumiam

Alright so I need to build a remote control car with forward/reverse capabilities. Slow, fast, and stop. steering and has to have working LED head lights and horn.

I also am required to build the control panel circuitry, transmission etc.

I am in need of help with this. I designed my diagrams so that it is circular with a wheel in the back which is horizontal -controls steering- and two wheels in the left and right of the car -for forward and reverse- and a free wheel up front for wieght distribution.

Now the problem i have is how am i going to wire of all this? we are allowed to use 3 motors im using one for the back wheel and a motor for each drive wheel.

Any ideas would help

As mentioned in an earlier thread, the TLP/RLP could be a low cost RF option

Wiring Diagram for the receiver (PSU/Osc not shown):
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Wiring Diagram for the transmitter (PSU/Osc not shown):
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

They are $6.9 each from www.futurlec.com

So i have the transmission done on it and the body of it done. -drawn out i should say - And to put everything i need in this it will come out shaped like this

**broken link removed**

-No lie-

blueroomelectronics said:
Or this...
**broken link removed**

Do I detect just a little sarcasm? :D

And rumiam, I'd rethink your drivetrain. It might be simpler to just use two motors in a differential or "tank style" turning configuration.

Aye i know it would and i thought of doing that.

But 95% of the students who does this project Do it in a tank style...

Its old and not entertaining

theinfamousbob said:
You'll get extra drag off the wheel...

Maybe turn it into a plane landing-gear style and turn a modified caster?

I thought about that. but the wheels we are using are plastic so it wont create as much friction.

Bear in mind that we have to build this out of scratch. I literally was handed a box full of motors tramision parts, gears. oh and a foam board

Wow, the way of turining using servo is so unique, I've never seen this before. Usually people just use one wheel to turn.

That's because that's how forklifts turn, the drive wheels are in front, the rear will is spun in a single axis to turn. Gives them an incredible turning radius. The one we have at my work has two parallel wheels right against each other used as a single one. It's electric so the drive wheels are even driven tank style to increase the turning radius under load

Ok it goes perfectly fine.

Question, I need to reverse polarity -for forward and backwards- as well as forawrd and reverse. I know how to do it but i cant remember at the moment

we get acess to everything he has. which is pretty much every part u can use on a breadboard. ok next queston i have. i believe we are using a 6 volt motor. Anyway i can kick up the power -without bloing the motor- to make it spin faster?

It isnt a box its pretty much. every component you could use. Everything. -except the extremely expensive things that dont really serve a purpose for this-
everything from leds, to resistors, Caps, Pots, Photo resistors,Diodes, beepers, speakers, a cap which is used in cars -Drains batteries very fast.- over 50 feet worth of wires. Everything you need. 555s etc.

Crap problem..it spins out when it is given power. I can fix that, but what should u use to make police lights? -the flashing red and blue-

before you start flashing any LED's you should get your robot done. you do know, that you need a lot of gears between your motor and the wheel right? DC motor spins 10 000- 20 000 rpm you know ;) you need 50-100 rpm.
and I don't see any transistors or that stuff mentioned in your box contents... you need to build yourself an H- bridge (search Google for circuits). I would suggest you get a chip with ań H-bridge in it. makes your life a LOT easier.

if you want to flash those LED's so much use that: http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/colorfade/index_eng

the best LED flasher i have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back