Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with actuator and relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering if there is the chance that you are accidentally causing a short circuit due to a biasing issue on your bridge

try removing the actuator and putting a volt meter across it?

I am just wondering if there is the chance that you are accidentally causing a short circuit due to a biasing issue on your bridge

try removing the actuator and putting a volt meter across it?
That's a possibility. I had checked but being a novice, I may have overlooked something.

It could explain why many others have had success with that specific dpdt relay and I could not. I had ascribed that problem to an amp surge upon initial power-up.

The 30 amp dpdt relay arrived today and I wired it up. The door appears to work as I had wanted it to. Opens when desired and closes when desired.

It's setup and if it works it should open tomorrow at 6:00 am.

Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back