Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

printing from boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukte

How do I print the programs shown in the special boxes in the forums.
Right now when I print all I get is what's showing but not all of the code
Thanks,
Nukte

The easiest way is to copy it into another program and print it. If you highlight the code in the box and then do copy, you can open notepad, paste it and then print.

Mike.

bananasiong said:
Yes. But the taps will become spaces. This is what I observed from the
Code:
[/QUOTE]

The tabs are converted to spaces when it is posted and so there is no way to know if the original code had tabs or spaces. I can't see why it makes a difference anyway.

Mike.

Pommie said:
The easiest way is to copy it into another program and print it. If you highlight the code in the box and then do copy, you can open notepad, paste it and then print.

Mike.

This way works OK for me, cut and paste into MPLAB, Oshonsoft or PFE, no problems with spaces/tabs.

There was I thinking I was the only one that still uses PFE. I find the keyboard record particularly useful for manipulating text.

Mike.

Pommie said:
There was I thinking I was the only one that still uses PFE. I find the keyboard record particularly useful for manipulating text.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
Used it for years, as you say, its an excellent program with loads of features.

Regards

Didn't work

So I tried the ideas presented. Maybe I should try to be more technical.
I am using the Firefox web browser. When I tried the suggestions, I highlighted all of the code, the clicked on copy, and nothing happened. I would like to copy the information into something like notepad, but directly to the printer would also be OK. Thanks for your help so far.

Hi,
Nothing happens by just copying. Open a new notepad and paste on it. Nothing to do with the web browser. I'm using Firefox as well.

Pommie said:
The tabs are converted to spaces when it is posted and so there is no way to know if the original code had tabs or spaces. I can't see why it makes a difference anyway.

Mike.
If you have posted it correctly the tabs are NOT converted to spaces. That's the beauty of
Code:
[/c[COLOR="Black"]od[/COLOR]e] tags. They force this site to leave the text alone. It's possible you pasted into another program that changed them, but if they were posted here with tabs then they still had tabs when you copied/pasted.

nukte said:
Sorry to be a total nube, but, can you talk me through that?
Highlight the text you want to copy. Hit CTRL-C to Copy (hold down CTRL and hit C (don't worry about upper/lower case - I just did that so the letters were clear for you)). Switch to the program you want to paste in and position your cursor where you want the text pasted. Hit CTRL-V to Paste.

If you want to Cut instead of Copy, use CTRL-X to Cut. (You can't Cut from a web page - it will Copy if it can't Cut). Then the usual CTRL-V to paste.

These keys work in ALL programs in both windows and Linux (except incredibly badly written ones). It's been a standard since DOS days (maybe before that too?).

It doesn't work in the Eagle PCB/schematic editor, which is a great program but VERY strangely done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back