Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

powerful car amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

maux14

Help!! I need to make a powerful audio amp for use in a car but i cannot find the plans for anything like it anywhere. All i need is about 1000W operating off a 12VDC battery. Can anyone give me some pointers? If you could email me i would appreciate it. Thanks Maux14 :)

1000W RMS :shock:

That means it will require 1000/12 = 83.33 Amperes (considering 100% effeciency) from your car battery. This value will be more since none of the power amps. operate at 100% effeciency. And that means you'll end up with a completely discharged battery within an hour or even less after running it at full volume. Do you think you realyy require that much power in car amp? I think 400-500W RMS is more than enough.

For some high power amps check out this page:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/A/au-pwramps.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back