Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power to pins with EAGLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

what am I doing to cause the power pins not to display when I add a package. In this case a LM 358 and a CD4001, in both cases the powe pins are absent.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi,

what am I doing to cause the power pins not to display when I add a package. In this case a LM 358 and a CD4001, in both cases the power pins are absent.

Cheers
Andrew
You have not done anything to cause this. It is a correct behavior.

Select invoke (icon is a bunch of gates, above the T icon) then click on the IC package in question. A menu will pop up that allows you to place the power connections on the schematic.

The reason for this is that we do not aways want to have all the gates (or power connections) for a package at the same location in a schematic. Think about a hex inverter. Invoke allows you to place each inverter where it is needed in the schematic instead of drawing 12 lines to the inverter package.

In the same way power pins are often grouped together which avoids running them to each package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back