Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply with short circuit protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdhebz

Hi! Do you guys have a sample schematic diagram of a power supply with short circuit protection?
0 to 30 volts, 3 amperes.

the best way to have some sort of short circuit protection, is to use fuses. 3 amps is a pretty common value you should be able to find one at a hardware store or at radio shack. as for the power supply try this: CIRCUIT!!!

Last edited:
the best way to have some sort of short circuit protection, is to use fuses. 3 amps is a pretty common value you should be able to find one at a hardware store or at radio shack.
The transistor is usually faster than the fuse.

It's much better to have current limiting built into the supply.

Edit: **broken link removed** shows a 3A regulator design using an LM350 3-terminal regulator.

Last edited:
Just find a voltage regulator with built-in over voltage protection. There are lots available.

Just find a voltage regulator with built-in over voltage protection. There are lots available.
I assume you mean short circuit protection since that's not the same as over voltage protection.

You assumed correctly. I think I meant to write "over current."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back