Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply for 300 LED from AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well where is the circuit diagram ? Any1 post it pls...

The circuit is for White LED of 3.5v approx.

60 White bright LED in series.

Last edited:
A single red or green pilot LED requires only an 56K resistor across 230V. Normal LEDs have low brightness otherwise a bright type must be used. A diode resistance combination can be used for getting good brightness. Here resistance must be atleast 2W type.
Which would be great if we were discussing pilot lights.

We were discussing large quantities of junk LEDs run of the line. My point is that you can pay $50 to get "junk" whites to put out 500Lm for 20W or you can pay $25 to get lighting class LEDs to put out 500Lm for 5W.

Which would you rather?

please give me an idea and circuit diagram of the same
read the thread.... driving LEDs off the mains like that is inefficient in power and build time...as well as being prone to failure in long term service.

a little more power supply complexity gets a lot more light out of a only a few lighting class LEDs

Dear sir

please show me the power supply for 60 LED from AC

Thanks
Upananda

are you saying that you have hundreds of junk LEDs that you are just dying to use?

the best non lighting class LEDs are probably CREE P41s: Digi-Key - CP41B-WES-CK0P0154-ND (Manufacturer - CP41B-WES-CK0P0154) at $0.50 each and 74Lm/W. For 60 LEDs that would be 444Lm typical or about a 40W bulb for $30 without the driver.

Two **broken link removed** and one **broken link removed** for about $16 plus a good heat sink is a lot less money and labor for your light

why using a transformer just see how chritmas led light are made, they are no transformer, no extra parts at all, just leds in series and maybe a capacitor or resistor. i would do it very easily, one bridge rectifer and one resistor per branch of led.

why using a transformer just see how chritmas led light are made, they are no transformer, no extra parts at all, just leds in series and maybe a capacitor or resistor. i would do it very easily, one bridge rectifer and one resistor per branch of led.

and they have to run at half capacity to make sure they do not burn out with voltage variation

Here is the basic schematic of the circuits I have been building and have had several of them running continuously now for about 6 -7 years now.
You will have to calculate the voltages and values for the two capacitors and R1 can be any where from 100 to 1K ohms.

Line coupled LED driver.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back