Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Lift Recliner Remote Control Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor

Has anybody here looked at power lift recliner remote control protocols? A 5-pin DIN connector seems common between all chair types. Simpler chairs have sit/stand buttons that also control recline. These just have a couple switch contacts.

Chairs with more features have an active control with 8+ functions, and, in the case of the chair of interest, a PIC micro in the control. What I am interested in is the protocol between this type of remote and the chair. I have a need to automate and/or remote control such a chair. 95 year old grandmother can't understand the need to press the button to get out of the chair (or even the existence of a remote control) and left to her own devices (and 30 seconds of inattentiveness), when she wants to get up, she'll slide her butt out onto the elevated leg rest, leaving her in a precarious position.

Never come across anything on this. Can you make a small extention lead and add connections for a logic analyzer?

Mike.

That's my plan, but the logic analyzer is at home (a 6 hour drive), so I'll have to get it on the next trip home, see what I can learn the next trip back and possibly need to wait until I get home again to engineer a solution.

You have a more modern chair than what my mother had.

It had a center off rocker switch that was directly wired to the motor. Just up or down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back