Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ermir

Hello everyone.
I'm building a power amplifier but I need some help with that.
Power Supply input +-30V

The PA is supposed to drive a motor and the output of it must be as below:
Output
--------
+-25V
5 A
125 W

I also need a preamplifier so the motor will not have all the 25 volt imediately. On the top of the motor is a heavy load so it has to rotate slowly (ramp) till it reaches the 25 V in 1 sec.

Any idea what to use for the power amplifier?
I was using a HC2000H from RCA but I couldn't find the datasheet for that so I can't use it anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Instead of using a linear PA, you should consider using a PWM mode circuit.

The LMD18245 is an example device that I can think of at the moment. The LMD18245 is rated below your requirement but there are other similar drivers out there that should fit your needs.

Thanx

Thanx for replying. I checked it and also some other controllers that were in that page, but none of them would meet the specifications.
If you have any other idea, please let me know.

Cheers.

Thanx for the links. I found another IC that can do the job. MSK 2541. Is a dual high power op-amp.**broken link removed**

Have fun.

I have a data sheet for the HC2000H. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Ermir said:
Hello everyone.
I'm building a power amplifier but I need some help with that.
Power Supply input +-30V

The PA is supposed to drive a motor and the output of it must be as below:
Output
--------
+-25V
5 A
125 W

I also need a preamplifier so the motor will not have all the 25 volt imediately. On the top of the motor is a heavy load so it has to rotate slowly (ramp) till it reaches the 25 V in 1 sec.

Any idea what to use for the power amplifier?
I was using a HC2000H from RCA but I couldn't find the datasheet for that so I can't use it anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I would like to have a copy of the datasheet. I've been looking all the net but no results, till now. I guess the IC is too old.

Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back