Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hello everyone. I am in a huge need of a sliding linear potentiometer that is 9-10 cm long (travels 10 cm from one end to the other to cover the whole range), and that has a total resistance of 1 kilo-ohms or 2 kilo-ohms. Can anyone direct me to where I can obtain/purchase such a sliding potentiometer? Thanks a lot.

YAN-1 said:
Hello everyone. I am in a huge need of a sliding linear potentiometer that is 9-10 cm long (travels 10 cm from one end to the other to cover the whole range), and that has a total resistance of 1 kilo-ohms or 2 kilo-ohms. Can anyone direct me to where I can obtain/purchase such a sliding potentiometer? Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Search for Rheostats, used in laboratory work.
A company thats sell lab equipment is the most likely source.

Example.
**broken link removed**

Not sure what you are looking for exactly. I recall tossing out a rather large bunch about the size you describe - purchased as a manual volume control for an amplifier. They seemed to be incredibly common 20 or more years ago. You might check with suplus dealers or places like All Electronics, Ocean State Electronics, among others.

On the off chance you are looking for something to indicate position then a linear potentiometer might be a solution. Omega sells them (see Omega.com) as well as LVDTs - another linear transducer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back