Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometer values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddimus

I am trying to replace a faulty trim pot on a control board for an automatic gate opener. The original one was labeled 100k 906k. The closest thing I have found is labeled 1M. My question is: What would generally be the low-side resistance? it's a Piher Spain rotary single-turn carbon PT-10

Digikey, for example, have multiple different versions of PT10 - 100K in stock. They can be vertical or horizontal mount & possibly differences in the centre, for eg. screwdriver or spindle fitting.

The 906k part is most likely a manufacturing date or batch code, and not relevant to a replacement.

Using a 1M would put the entire adjustment range in 1/10th of a turn, if it's used as a variable resistor. I'd stick to the correct value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back