Possible hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I see where heat was well covered and heat will give symptoms like freezing and simply quit responding. Additionally visit the manufacturers website looking for graphics driver updates.

Next, if you haven't done so on an XP system running a system defrag won't hurt. In Windows XP Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter. This can be a long process depending on the hard drive size but I would run it if you haven't.

So a D&C (Dusting and Cleaning), check for current driver updates, and run a system defragmentation. That is what I would start with.

There are other possibilities but I would start there.

Ron

Thanks, Ron.
I have run the disk defrag a couple of times already but I will try it again, just to make sure. Thank you!
Der Strom

It's been 8 months now since my last PC cleaning and I already know it's due because full PC utilization has caused the fan noise in the PC to change, even in the dead of winter here where the air temperature is low. If this were the summer my PC would be crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…