Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pop reduction circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugspatrick

Dear Friends,

I am only a newbie, are there any general use pop reduction circuit for audio amplifier ??

Thank you very much.

I suppose you'd need a compresssor circuit which is chained to a low pass filter, so that it only really acts on lower frequencies, ie, breath pops.

There are many designs for both these circuits available, depending on your budget and the quality required. Some nice and easy compressor designs are here:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=59

And I believe there are designs for low pass filters on this site.

I think it really depends a great deal what he means?, he wasn't very explicit - like you, I presumed he meant for reducing 'pop' noises from microphones. But then, I thought he may simply mean removal of the 'clicks and pops' you get when turning an amplifier On or OFF.

As usual, more information required?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I think it really depends a great deal what he means?, he wasn't very explicit - like you, I presumed he meant for reducing 'pop' noises from microphones. But then, I thought he may simply mean removal of the 'clicks and pops' you get when turning an amplifier On or OFF.

As usual, more information required?.

Yes, you are right. I am only gathering such information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back