Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PNP Voltage Switch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hop, here's another "high side" switch for your consideration Sir... This circuit uses an N-channel and a P-channel enhancement mode FETs...

Good luck with your project... Regards, Mike- K8LH

Attachments

• high_side_switch.gif
    high_side_switch.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 297
Mike said:
Hop, here's another "high side" switch for your consideration Sir... This circuit uses an N-channel and a P-channel enhancement mode FETs...

Good luck with your project... Regards, Mike- K8LH
Thanks Mike for the suggestion and the circuit. I added those parts to my next Digikey order. :D

Hey Mike,
I looked at Digikey and found the 2N7000, but they don't have the TP0610L. Can you recommend a substitution for that mosfet?

Gosh, I'm not sure about a suitable replacement other than the surface mount BSS84... I remember it wasn't availble at DigiKey but then I've pretty much stopped using DigiKey in favor of Mouser, which is where we purchased the TP0610L devices...

As for the 2N7000 devices, I buy them 100 at a time from Mouser... You can connect the gate directly to a PIC output pin without a resistor (the gate draws practically no current) and they'll sink a couple hundred milliamps easy for driving 12-volt or 24-volt relays (open drain configuration)...

Good luck, have fun... Mike - K8LH

Hehehe.
As for the 2N7000 devices, I buy them 100 at a time from Mouser
Ok. I just ordered 10 to get the .11 discount. The only customers I expect to have are my kids though, and those are usually samples. :cry:

I'm still a bit scared of smt. I'm pretty much stuck in 'if I can't bread board it, I can't use it' mode. It just seems like a bit much to take on with all the other projects on my desk. I'll google for a substitute though, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back