1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Please review design and error of electronic ignition

Discussion in 'Circuit Simulation & PCB Design' started by easy.rahil, May 23, 2018.

1. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

i doubt on diode and i will remove the diode tomm morning, i doubt tht diode gives direct access of GND to output.

2. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

I think Diode is giving Negative charge to output as( Anode to Cathode direction). I did not yet remove diode.
    Please suggest:
    aaa.jpg

I tried removing the diode but result still the same. What is the problem?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  3. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

Ok i have mounted the parts on breadboard now..and it works as you told. it gives output without magnet and tuned off when magnet is at front of hall sensor. now question is..why its not working with my pcb? perhaps any part is mounted before or after somewhere? please check my first post with a pcb design and schematic.
    Also i want my circuit should not give any output but only when magnet at front of sensor. currently it is doing totally reverse manners.

4. dave miyares

Dave New Member

5. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

What do you mean by "output"?
    It is behaving as expected. The coil should be energised when the magnet is absent. The magnet presence should cause the coil to de-energise. A spark will be generated when the coil switches OFF.

6. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

this is how ignition works pic below.
    If mosfet gives or connect the ground it will give spark at BDC and spark should be at TDC only.

Attached Files:

7. alec_t

That is a standard Kettering ignition circuit which gives a spark when the points OPEN, allowing the stored coil energy to generate a high voltage. When the points connect the coil to ground (dwell time), current builds up in the coil and the coil stores energy.

8. dave miyares

Dave New Member

9. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

right, thtats how i want this circuit to work.

10. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

original reply to someone in the christopher's thread( actual designer of this schematic):
    what does that means? am i using wrong sensor? what is difference between latch and hall sensor.

11. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

hello MOd, can you please make t his thread to some other (gerneral electronics) thread please? i m not getting any sufficient help here.

12. Lyndon Mark

Lyndon Mark New Member

13. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

using permanent magnet is difficult to use on board. i wanted to use a simple 3144 hall sensor to work with this circuit. if anyhow anyone can modify this design would be helpful. as PAMCO ignition do. i just used melexis geaartooth sensor by mistake. actual hall sensor was A1250 hal latch. but i did not find in here. if any other hall sensor i can use.

14. alec_t

The A1250 may not be what you want for this application, as it's a latching type which requires an alternating-polarity magnetic field to operate.
    Here's a datasheet extract:
    "The A1250 Hall-effect bipolar switch turns on in a south polarity magnetic field of sufficient strength and switches off in a north polarity magnetic field of sufficient strength."

15. easy.rahil

easy.rahil Member

yes right, i need a simple hall sensor to work with south pole only , which turns on with south pole and turned off w hen field unavailable without need of north pole.