Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE NEED HELP! I need to make a reset countdown timer for a buzzer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoiibeans

Im still very new to electronics and this is my first time making an application project, so i decided to make a game buzzer. I've found on the web a buzzer circuit but i need to do some modifications. So the reset switch must be replaced with the 10sec timer w/ 7segment display.

this is how it works when a trigger switch is pressed it lights the corresponding LED, sounds the bleeper and prevents the other trigger switches from working but i need to make a 10 second countdown timer with 7segment Display , after the switch is pressed the countdown starts and after ten seconds the buzzer switch can be pressed and used again.. I need it to have a 555 timer if possible. please help!! thanks very much!

I've attached the buzzer circuit diagram. :

Attachments

• quizcd.gif
    quizcd.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,136
Last edited:
hi,
Do you have the circuit working according to the original design.???

hi,
Do you have the circuit working according to the original design.???

yes, the buzzer circuit works alone, it works with the reset switch. But i need to replace the reset button with the reset countdown timer to buzzer ckt however, i dont really understand how would the circuit be composed of, im really a beginner its still hard for me to design my own timer circuit.

yes, the buzzer circuit works alone, it works with the reset switch. But i need to replace the reset button with the reset countdown timer to buzzer ckt however, i dont really understand how would the circuit be composed of, im really a beginner its still hard for me to design my own timer circuit.

A simple way to display a 10 second count down would be to use 4017 IC's with 10 small LED's, driven by a 555 set for a 1 second clock rate.

Using an LCD to display a 10 sec count would require a micro controller.

A 7-segment display could be used, but would be somewhat more complex than Eric's suggestion. If this is your first project then an LCD display is almost certainly out of the question.

Have a look at this:

**broken link removed**

The 555 can be started and stopped by using pin 4, a logic 0 will stop it, and you can use the /10 output to reset your circuit, you can also use a puchbutton to reset the counter if you want.

A 7-segment display could be used, but would be somewhat more complex than Eric's suggestion. If this is your first project then an LCD display is almost certainly out of the question.

Im sorry, I actually mean 7-segment display not LCD I need to edit it

This should do what you want:-
CountdownQuizBuzzer.gif
Replicate the contents of the dotted rectangle for each additional player.
I think a bleeper sounding for 10 secs might be tiresome, so I've added an option to reduce that to 3 secs.

Attachments

• DowncounterQuizBuzzer.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
This should do what you want:-
View attachment 70570
Replicate the contents of the dotted rectangle for each additional player.
I think a bleeper sounding for 10 secs might be tiresome, so I've added an option to reduce that to 3 secs.

Thank you sir this greatly helped!

PS: I can't open the contents attached .zip file, (the .sub one, the .asc can be opened with wordpad but i can't understand what are they for) This is a very late reply though, because I was busy with my other projects but they're all done now so its time to finish with this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back