Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help, what does gt abbreivation mean pcb what is the components name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could just put a wire or some solder between the two points instead?

No.... trace the circuit first... and post here...

If the GT900 (If, its not SGP) is series on the circuit, you can use a Jumber Wire.
If not, Ignore that component, if your supply have no fluctuations.

Its a necessary components if there any lightening problem in your area.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
You can also use a MOV interchange to GT900...

See the table the difference between MOV and SGP...

comparison_table.jpg

Dont forget to presss the Like button if this usefull

couldn't I just put a jumper in
Well if the device is a spark gap and you put a jumper across it you are creating a short circuit which will let the magic smoke out :eek:.

No.... trace the circuit first... and post here...

If the GT900 (If, its not SGP) is series on the circuit, you can use a Jumber Wire.
If not, Ignore that component, if your supply have no fluctuations.

Its a necessary components if there any lightening problem in your area.

Thank you so much.
there isn't much lightening here

so I could just put a wire or some solder between the two points instead? Thanks

NO!. This device is normally open. A high voltage spike will dissipate by arcing across the gap.

Either Leave it out and put nothing in its place

Or

Put it back in place.

It's supposed to measure as an open circuit with an ohm meter.

This looks like a disaster waiting in the wings.If we knew where you live, Billy1234510, we could keep an eye on the obituary pages of your local newspaper.
I'm not unsafe hence asking the questions to make sure, I'm a person interested in electronics that hates waste and finds enjoyment in trying to fix things, I don't know all the answers as I'm not in the trade. I wouldn't waste money putting myself in the paper anyway but I'll be sure to let you know where to send the flowers via a third party on my behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back