Please help to decide Xbee module

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRITHU O A

I am trying to create a network of XBee with sensors at end nodes that send back data to coordinator Xbee periodically. I wish to set the Xbee modules in API mode and I learned from the internet how to do the same from online tutorials, etc.

However, now when I want to buy the Xbee modules I am completely confused. I want a series 2 Xbee ( Not PRO ). My confusion is -
Is the Xbee ZB same as XBee S2C?
what are the versions of Xbee available currently; I am confused as I see S2B, S2C, S2D, ZB and so much more. Please help me decide on an XBee
I see Digi has released the new programmable Xbee's. Can I use them like the old Xbees with an Arduino hooked to it? Which is preferable?

Anything at all is helpful. Thanks

The only series 2 they stock are the pro 63mW ones but as these are $25 each they may be within your budget.

Mike.

thank you for your quick reply. I had come across the Sparkfun guide, which was one of the major reasons for my confusion. They specify Xbee Zb and 2B in Xbee series 2. But when I checked the Digi site hoping to buy and ZB this was their list - https://www.digi.com/products/xbee-rf-solutions/2-4-ghz-modules/xbee-zigbee#partnumbers.
This contained only the S2C modules and further on. So, I was confused it Zb and S2C were the same.
I am looking for a simple Xbee and not the PRO edition as I don't need a Xbee PRO to satisfy my range needs.

I am now stuck as to whether the S2C is, in fact, similar to the series 2 Xbees and also if the programmable Xbees can be used like unprogrammable Xbees if needed.

Any suggestions? Any hint or help will be a great help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…