PLEASE HELP NEEDED FOR A FREQUENCY DIVIDER CIRCUIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothy

Hi chaps,
i'm a physics electronics student. i'm building a project which is an RC (radio controlled) car. i'm not good in PIC programming, hence i want to use RF technology. i can build the transmitter and receiver circuits very well. but where my problem lies is dividing the frequencies to activate and controll the parts i want it to.
I know A CD4040 and CD4024 is a frequency divider CMOS IC. but how to do the application is where my problem lies.
How do I apply this chips? should i build the transmitter and add the chips to the output side or in the input? wot about the receiver how do i add this frequency divider to enable it controll and activate the parts i want it to?
The CD4040 has 10 outputs and the CD4024 has 7 outputs.
please i need ur appreciable contributions and i do not want to use the pic cos i'm not good in programming.
i need about 7 outputs to activate the parts i want.
THANKS.

You appear to be barking up the wrong tree.

Frequency dividers generally take the input frequency and divide by two at each stage.
So a 10 stage divider will divide by a total of 1024 (ie 2^10).

I think what you may be after are tone encoders and decoders.
Try googling.

JimB

A 7 channel RC car from scratch is a huge project. You would be better off to buy the 7 channel transmitter and receiver and work on the 7 servos in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…