Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLEASE HELP NEEDED FOR A FREQUENCY DIVIDER CIRCUIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothy

Hi chaps,
i'm a physics electronics student. i'm building a project which is an RC (radio controlled) car. i'm not good in PIC programming, hence i want to use RF technology. i can build the transmitter and receiver circuits very well. but where my problem lies is dividing the frequencies to activate and controll the parts i want it to.
I know A CD4040 and CD4024 is a frequency divider CMOS IC. but how to do the application is where my problem lies.
How do I apply this chips? should i build the transmitter and add the chips to the output side or in the input? wot about the receiver how do i add this frequency divider to enable it controll and activate the parts i want it to?
The CD4040 has 10 outputs and the CD4024 has 7 outputs.
please i need ur appreciable contributions and i do not want to use the pic cos i'm not good in programming.
i need about 7 outputs to activate the parts i want.
THANKS.

You appear to be barking up the wrong tree.

Frequency dividers generally take the input frequency and divide by two at each stage.
So a 10 stage divider will divide by a total of 1024 (ie 2^10).

I think what you may be after are tone encoders and decoders.
Try googling.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back