Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me to choose AVR development board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nihal_2000

I am looking for buying some good AVR development board...Please do me a favor could you please check following links and suggest me which would be better to go

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Atmel Products - Tools & Software

Or if you like what you are using, refer me name. Please advice me! Thank You!

Last edited:
Hi,

If you want a versatile development board which can program all of the 8-bit AVR microcontrollers, Atmel's STK500 board is just about your best choice:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/Products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2735

If you are okay with using a simple ISP programmer that isn't a full development board, then there are many designs on the internet which you can buy or build very inexpensively. One decent programmer is the one from tuxgraphics:

http://www.tuxgraphics.org/electronics/200705/article07052.shtml

Hope that helps,
-Nick

Last edited:
The STK500 is nice, because it has a lot of headers on it, little clunky to use (a lot of dip sockets I'd prefer a single programmable ZIF myself) But as far as a dev board goes it's still really nice, the main thing you need in addition to it is a good breadboard and the connectors/ribbon cables to breakout the headers on the STK500 to a breadboard. The Dragon is another nice dev board, way better than the STK500, but not for people new. As Russ said, your knowledge/experiance is going to influence what you chose more than what's available.

AVR Development Board

You can buy board from LUMINLABZ.For more details you can contact us @ 080-22451619 or mail us @info@luminlabz.com.

For more details regarding the board please click the following URL

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back