Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please explain this circuit to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit operation

I'm late in this conversation, but I was just a little amused with the diode in parallel with the darlington pair. With the rest of the circuit I see now.

I'm late in this conversation, but I was just a little amused with the diode in parallel with the darlington pair. With the rest of the circuit I see now.
There are two darlington pairs in series and they need 4 diodes to bias them, not just two diodes. The diodes are not in parallel with the darlingtons, they are supposed to provide the bases with enough voltage so that the amplifier does not have crossover distortion. The diodes have the same thermal/current response as the transistors so the diodes should be fastened to the transistors' heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back