Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PlayStation 4 White light of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave151

I'm trying to mend a PS4 which shows no signal, originally I thought the it was the HDMI port as it had to be plugged in a certain way or else the picture would flicker on and off. However on opening it up all the pins and the Jack look great, It cost £30 for a CI chip, so I'm wondering what to do now??

Attachments

• 20210615_154909.jpg
    20210615_154909.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 239
It still could be the HDMI port. I've replaced dozens of those stupid connector ports, it might look good but chances are it isn't. Especially with the wiggling cable thing. Do you know how to surface mount solder?

It seems pretty solid, I'm not really that adept to electronics though. But I've been watching YouTube instructional videos. Seems like it might be very fiddly and my eyes aren't the best now. But I have a heat gun, a solder iron and some thermal paste.

i seem to remember that early playstation and xbox consoles had problems with the video chip breaking solder connections under the chip, and many times the solution was to reheat the chip with a heat gun...

It seems to me that you really have something wrong with the connection. Either you have a bad HDMI cable, or the inputs for the cord are broken somewhere at the console or at the monitor. I had such problems. After replacing the line, everything worked. My friend and I exchanged our cords. And, what is very strange, he has mine working!! It's a peculiar story. It also happened when I bought a headlamp, and it didn't want to turn on. And when my friend picked it up, everything worked. This is just some kind of mysticism. But then, in the cave, 50 feet underground, I was not very funny. Since then, I take only good headlamps of this company https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Headlamp-Flashlight-Headlight-Headlamps/dp/B07ZWK5QKM And then suddenly my friend will not be next to me on the next hike?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back