Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Platronics Couter-Strike Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm very interested in Robotics and Electrical Engineering. So I decided to join the forum hoping to learn alot and get advice on projects and ect.

Right now, I'm repairing a set of headphones that broke. Only the left side will play sound, and the right side stopped giving sound. Below the headphones are this volume/mute control. The mute does not work, so I started there. Below that is the digital signal processing unit.

The headphones connect via USB, I tried wiggling all the wires but to no avail.

Any advice on what I should do next would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
-TheNewGuy

Attachments

• DSCN7845.JPG
    DSCN7845.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 254
  • DSCN7846.JPG
    DSCN7846.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • DSCN7847.JPG
    DSCN7847.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 319
  • DSCN7848.JPG
    DSCN7848.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
FIXED IT!!!!

I was looking in the wrong place. It was a wire that had come loose. But if you wiggle the wire I think it's going to come loose again. My soldering isn't very good.

:p

I was looking at the volume controller, instead the loose wire was located at the DSP box below it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back