Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plasma Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played with high voltage vacuum tubes for my Hi-fi system a long time ago before transistor amplifiers were available. The vacuum tubes wore out in one or two months and needed replacement for low distortion. The vacuum tubes amplifier provided no damping of the resonances of the speakers due to the output transformer. The output transformers were not good.

Are you using a car ignition coil to drive your plazma tweeters? It is not made for hi-fi audio.

People with tin ears don't use a tweeter because they do not care about how music sounds. The plazma speaker is a high frequency tweeter. If a car ignition coil is used then it will sound like a distorted whistle.

I thought the whole point of the High Voltage section was just for making unique and interesting high voltage based stuff. ;)

I didn't know that all high voltage projects need to be high fidelity devices for them to be acceptable projects for others to build.:confused:

You are right :D we need more high voltage material, other than Tesla Coils and Plasma Speakers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back