Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing signal source in between two components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronspeed

i have designed a circuit wherein i need to place the oscillator in between Vcc and transistor such that o/p of oscillator is connected to collector of transistor & -ve terminal is to be connected to Vcc,I have designed the oscillator,now in what way i should make connections so that upper requirements are met.

If it's a normal type oscillator circuit then it will need to be independently connected to Vcc and common. You would then couple the oscillator signal into the collector of the transistor using a transformer, resistor, or capacitor, depending upon the application.

What are you trying to achieve?

You can modulate the Vcc with a PNP or P-ch Fet. Doing this directly on an oscillator will likely cause frequency as well as amplitude modulation.

If your looking for AM then buffer the oscillator and modulate the Vcc on the buffer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back