Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piranha LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red and blues are what plants use the most. They need near infrared and ultraviolet too, but from what I've been reading this is mostly for reproduction and fruiting. Wasn't much info on that part. The reds only make plants tall and weak, blues make them short and stout. I'm probably going to go heavy on the blues, since I want shorter stronger plants. Need to figure out which veggies to start with. Want something fast growing so I can fine tune things. Figure lettuce would be one, maybe peppers. Neither take a lot of space. Peppers would need to be polinated to bear fruit.
Got to hit the Home Depot this weekend for some different Fire Ant poison anyway. The last bag I bought was crap, seems like they just moved and multiplied (bastards). They didn't have the cheap stuff I used last year (worked great, figures)... Since I'll be in the garden section anyway, can look at seed packs and figure out what grows fastest.

Oh, the Red and Blue Piranha I had doing max brightness on the PWM yesterday is still going strong. Probably about 20 or so hours now. Just need to beef it up some to handle a couple of amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back