Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezoelectric motor drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe liberation of O2 in a fluid also has a resonant sensitivity depending on dampening factors etc. So research this too....err now I see your calculator.

But I was thinking of atomic resonance

Last edited:
For immersion in the fluid inside the flask instead of vibrating the flask, I use this gadget for aeroponics; cheap enough to try. (Does not work in gasoline:eek:)

----> http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html Runs at 1.8 MHz

In its 'normal' application ---->
It shakes the sheet out of fluid molecules...

Hello everyone,

I am completely new in this field so my apologies in advance if I make elementary questions:

My project summary: I need to use the reverse piezoelectric effect and make a piezoelectric motor drive to create vibrations. The piezo element is going to attach the external wall of beaker (liquid container) and creates vibrations with a push button to produce ULTRASONIC (> 80 kHz in my case) vibrations and detaches micron size bubbles that are attached to the beaker wall. I have found manufacturers who can provide me with tiny (2*2*2 mm) piezos but suggest me to use an amplifier.

And here are my questions:

1) Why do I need an amplifier to amplify the output from my ac power?
2) What are the main components I need to make this kit and attach it to the walls of the liquid container?

Thank you so much and sorry for my limited knowledge and probably naive questions.

Hy ALFAR,

Some questions for you:
(1) What is the volume of the liquid.
(2) Does the liquid need to be in a beaker or could it be poured into the receptacle of a machine.
(4) What is your maximum budget.

spec

And here are my questions:
1) Why do I need an amplifier to amplify the output from my ac power?
2) What are the main components I need to make this kit and attach it to the walls of the liquid container?

Hy again ALFAR,

Here are the answers to your two opening questions.

(1) You do not need an amplifier to amplify your AC supply. As you in Canada your supply will be 110V RMS which is just the right voltage to drive a piezoelectric transducer. The problem is the mains frequency, which in your case will be 6oHz (cycles a second), but you want 80 K Hz.

So to be strict what you need is a piezoelectric tranducer driver, which for practical reasons normally has an amplifier in it.

(2) The other ETO members have covered this in some detail.

spec

I note the spec for the 2x2x2 mm transducer says "Recommended preload for dynamic operation: 15 MPa.". That equates to ~6kg acting on a 2 x 2 mm area (if my maths is correct). How will you apply a preload of that magnitude if the transducer is glued to a (glass?) beaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back