Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pics and DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi All,

Bit of an unusual micro question, have been looking around the web for info on building some Pic based DCC controllers for model trains.

The best looking one is seems to be the MERG UK site **broken link removed**
However to get the latest info sheets etc you have to join the forum at a cost of £18 a year.
Also, even though paying via Paypal they still want you to send a Signed application form - which to be honest is more than most retailers demand for high value online purchases - that just makes me a bit wary.

I wondered if anyone has experience of MERG or knows of any other sites offering proven Diy plans for DCC.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
This seems to be a good site to start with and there appears to be full specification of DCC **broken link removed**.

Overall, DCC seems to be fairly straight forward and should be relatively simple to implement on a pic.

Mike.

Maybe a bit late now (your last reply post being in August last year), but this is an N-Scale Decoder with parts list, Circuit PCB details, and downloadable PIC code ... unfortunately his email does not work ( I tried that), but the details are all there to 'do the job' but you may need to do a bit of head scratching in the code, but it is very well documented. Hope it helps.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030501172855/ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/deano32/

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back