Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PicKit3 Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
This was posted on another thread and so lots of people will have missed it. The review is here and it's not very complimentary.

Mike.

Lower on the page Microchip did respond to the issues presented. I'm still going to stick with the PicKit2 as it suits my needs by Microchip did score some value points with me by at least acknowledging the issues and dealing with the ones they could.

The Mr. head video is priceless, but you have to give MC kudos's for at least recognizing some of the issues and attempting to deal with them.

Just watched it... very funny response from Microchip. I think most companies today would just sic a bunch of lawyers and threaten them. Kudos.

while criticism is fuming and has stuff, the second video might be fabricated jocularly
otherwise how internal conferences are published or broadcast?

while criticism is fuming and has stuff, the second video might be fabricated jocularly
otherwise how internal conferences are published or broadcast?

Your kidding right? Maybe it's because English isn't your first langauge, but the MicroChip video is obviously made up to be humorous. Did you watch the whole thing?

Your kidding right? Maybe it's because English isn't your first langauge, but the MicroChip video is obviously made up to be humorous. Did you watch the whole thing?
Language is not a problem , at lest for me. i don't mean kidding at my 64+, either.
Somehow, the impression has been formed like that, after seeing the Microchip video. I don't expect this type of video leaks from any Company, unless as an advertising gimmick.

It's not a leak, it was staged and published as a sort of mea culpa. That was their way of acknowledging the issues and stating their intent to fix them.

Language is not a problem , at lest for me. i don't mean kidding at my 64+, either.
Somehow, the impression has been formed like that, after seeing the Microchip video. I don't expect this type of video leaks from any Company, unless as an advertising gimmick.

Not the literal meaning of the language. The meetings were so obviously staged it was silly.

Not the literal meaning of the language. The meetings were so obviously staged it was silly.
I do accept that they were stage managed. So I call them as gimmicks, though, may be to indicate their customers, that they have taken serious note of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back