Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICKIT3 ICSP Power on voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I have a circuit, with 18LF2520. It is programmed with Pickit3 ICSP. There is an LCD.
The PIC has a 3.3v regulator and the Pickit3 is set to 5v, which it appears to recommend in settings.
If I power it with the 'button' on the Pickit3 external power circuit, the LCD shows results, but if I power it with the reguatolr, it doesn't start.
Any ideas please?
Camerart.

Why are you trying to power it with 3.3v?, doesn't the LCD require 5V? - the normal Hitachi 1602 ones do.

Hi N,
The PICs controlling an SX1278 radio module which is 3.3v. So far I haven't got this to work, but I also connected an LCD as an experiment. This is powered by 5V, but the DATA is 3.3v plus GND, and as mentioned is working.
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back