Pickit2 Serialisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_B

Only just stared using the Pickit2 as a client wants to program up some boards them selves and needs to implement Serialisation. In my programmer (Elnec) I have that option.

Does the Pickit2 have it? I have looked and cannot see it but no harm in asking just in case I have missed it

Depends on how you write the user id using pickit2, I could not find a way using the stand alone programmer but using Mplab 7v60 as the programmer , I could,

pickit2 will read the user id FF FF FF FF if not set defualt with Mplab = 7F 7F 7F 7F.

I think you'll find that the option for serialization is missing because the PicKit2 programmer is designed as a development tool, and not a production device..

Yes thanks it was worth asking, I thought I might be able to alter the hex as well. I will just recommend they buy a better one or/and buy the compiler I use, as they have rights to the source so can continue the development as well as Serialise units by hand. They will be making only a few at a time.

Tim_B said:
as they have rights to the source so can continue the development as well as Serialise units by hand. They will be making only a few at a time.

So they could use MPlab to program the chip & set the serial code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…