Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18f43k22 and pickit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

not sure how I programmed before but the pickit2 does not have a 18f43k22
is there an update or?

Strange, my Pickit2 shows the 18F43k22 as an option to select. Try manually selecting the PIC18F_K_ from the Device Family.

18F43K22.jpg

Strange, my Pickit2 shows the 18F43k22 as an option to select. Try manually selecting the PIC18F_K_ from the Device Family.

Not strange at all - you showed a screen shot from the PK2 standalone software, that supports a LOT more PIC's than the MPLAB PK2 interface - if he's using MPLAB, then it's likely it's not supported via that.

I originally bought a PK3 as the devices I was using weren't supported via MPLAB on the PK2.

Not strange at all - you showed a screen shot from the PK2 standalone software, that supports a LOT more PIC's than the MPLAB PK2 interface - if he's using MPLAB, then it's likely it's not supported via that.

He's not using MPLAB, he's using the stand-alone GUI.

How he lost the updated device file is a mystery, but this subject has been discussed in other MrDEB threads before.

I can't figure out how to link to this at the moment, but this screen shot shows one ace wherevthisvhas been discussed before. I believe there are other MrDEB threads as well.

SmartSelect_20200727-031848_Firefox.jpg

Last edited:
not sure how I lost it. I need to try using another pickit2 as I have two?
the pickit2 shows version 2.61
found another thread saying I need to locate the pickit2.dat file and update it

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back