Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pickit2 Serialisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim_B

Only just stared using the Pickit2 as a client wants to program up some boards them selves and needs to implement Serialisation. In my programmer (Elnec) I have that option.

Does the Pickit2 have it? I have looked and cannot see it but no harm in asking just in case I have missed it

Depends on how you write the user id using pickit2, I could not find a way using the stand alone programmer but using Mplab 7v60 as the programmer , I could,

pickit2 will read the user id FF FF FF FF if not set defualt with Mplab = 7F 7F 7F 7F.

I think you'll find that the option for serialization is missing because the PicKit2 programmer is designed as a development tool, and not a production device..

Yes thanks it was worth asking, I thought I might be able to alter the hex as well. I will just recommend they buy a better one or/and buy the compiler I use, as they have rights to the source so can continue the development as well as Serialise units by hand. They will be making only a few at a time.

Tim_B said:
as they have rights to the source so can continue the development as well as Serialise units by hand. They will be making only a few at a time.

So they could use MPlab to program the chip & set the serial code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back